Friday 16 August 2013

Maleficent : Motion Picture 2014


There's a certain allure to the Mistress of All Evil. Her regal demeanour, her elegantly fluid movements, her refined speech, and that surprisingly exotic beautiful face. Despite actually being a faerie, Maleficent is really one of the best villain characters that Disney had came up with and ultimately reached the first place in Ultimate Disney's Villain countdown. Creator of Maleficent, Mark Davis decided to dis the image of hags and witches in the making and opted for a more majestic, elegant yet sinister green-skinned beauty, a portmanteau of magnificent and malevolent.


Well, personally, I love her to bits. Despite the fact that she is the first villain ever that I fall in love into, I simply worship her. And I was actually super happy when I know that she was one of the villains inserted into the Kingdom Heart series because there was no other appearances of Maleficent besides the Sleeping Beauty movie and Disney House of Mickey series. And the fact that she's a recurring villain in the game makes it even more awesome. I love her so much. Well, secretly, I want to be her. 



So, when I heard last year that Disney announced Robert Stromberg is directing the film and casting Angelina Jolie as Maleficent for the upcoming 2014 live action movie of Sleeping Beauty, I was super excited. 


This motion picture of Sleeping Beauty is another remake but retold from Maleficent point of view. They have confirmed Jolie for the character Maleficent, Elle Fanning as Aurora, Miranda Richardson as Queen Ulla "a Fairy Queen who is Maleficent's aunt with a dislike of her niece". Remember, this time around, Maleficent is the main character.


The movie is set up to be on the screen by July 2014. 

I just can't wait. 
Aaaaaaahhhh!!!!!